Contact: Bridgette LaRose
DENSO International America, Inc.
Phone: (248) 372-8266
- To strengthen its development capabilities in Europe, global automotive supplier DENSO will invest nearly *US$28 million (approximately € 21 million) to expand its two engineering centers located in Wegberg and Eching, Germany by fiscal year 2015.
“With this expansion, we aim to improve customer service by designing more products locally and offering more market-specific designs,” said Masato (Max) Nakagawa, Head of DENSO INTERNATIONAL EUROPE’s Engineering Function and Chief Technology Officer
The Aachen Engineering Center in Wegberg and the Munich Engineering Center in Eching are both part of DENSO AUTOMOTIVE Deutschland GmbH, a subsidiary of DENSO Corporation.
DENSO Corporation, headquartered in Kariya, Aichi prefecture, Japan, is a leading global automotive supplier of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. Its customers include all the world's major carmakers. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 36 countries and regions (including Japan) and employs approximately 130,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013, totaled US$38.1 billion. Last fiscal year, DENSO spent 9.5 percent of its global consolidated sales on research and development. DENSO common stock is traded on the Tokyo and Nagoya stock exchanges. For more information, go to www.globaldenso.com
, or visit our media website at www.densomediacenter.com
In Europe, DENSO employs around 12,000 people, with consolidated sales totalling € 3.1 billion for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013. DENSO’s European operations include sales offices in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Sweden, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. In addition, the company operates manufacturing facilities in the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain, the U.K. and Morocco. DENSO AUTOMOTIVE Deutschland GmbH employs more than 440 people in six locations. For more information, go to www.globaldenso.com
, or the European website www.denso-europe.com
Currently, in North America, DENSO employs more than 14,000 people at 28 consolidated companies and affiliates. Of these, 26 are manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. In the U.S. alone, DENSO employs more than 10,000 people in California, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Iowa, Ohio, and Arkansas. DENSO’s North American consolidated sales totaling US$6.8 billion for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013.
Connect with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DENSOinNorthAmerica
*Exchange rate on Sept. 12, 2013 EDT.
# # #
Profile of Aachen Engineering Center
1. Establishment: 2005
2. Location: Wegberg, Germany
3. Business description: Engineering and testing of products in areas of powertrain, electric/electronic, hybrid, information and safety
4. Site area: 40,200 m2
5. Total floor area: 7,000 m2
6. Employees: 75 (approximately 100 projected for 2015)
Profile of Munich Engineering Center
1. Establishment: 1994
2. Location: Eching, Germany
3. Business description: Engineering and testing of products in areas of thermal, electric and motors
4. Site area: 16,800m2
5. Total floor area: 14,100 m2
6. Employees: 330 (approximately 390 projected for 2015)