Contact: Bridgette LaRose
DENSO International America, Inc.
Phone: (248) 372-8266
KARIYA (Japan) -
DENSO Corporation will rename its three manufacturing companies in Japan; DENSO Electronics Corporation to DENSO Hokkaido Corporation, DENSO Manufacturing Kitakyushu Co., Ltd. to DENSO Kyushu Corporation and DENSO East Japan Corporation to DENSO Fukushima Corporation. The new names for each company will represent its location more clearly, to gain further trust and understanding from customers, partners and communities in each region. The changes will be effective from April 1, 2014.
DENSO Electronics Corporation manufactures automotive semiconductor products in Hokkaido, DENSO Manufacturing Kitakyushu Co., Ltd. manufactures automotive air conditioning systems, diesel fuel injections systems and AT control units in Fukuoka, and Hiroshima, and DENSO East Japan Corporation manufactures automotive air conditioning systems in Fukushima.
The three companies have held its shareholder’s meeting in December 2013, and completed the alteration of memorandum. New company names will be as follows.
Current company name > New company name
DENSO Electronics Corporation > DENSO Hokkaido Corporation
DENSO Manufacturing Kitakyushu Co., Ltd. > DENSO Kyushu Corporation
DENSO East Japan Corporation > DENSO Fukushima Corporation
Profile of DENSO Electronics Corporation
1. Company name: DENSO Electronics Corporation
2. Location: 1007-195 Izumisawa, Chitose, Hokkaido (Chitose Airport Industrial Complex)
3. Managing Director: Masakazu Sugimoto
4. Establishment: April 2007
5. Capital: 2.6 billion yen (approximately US$25.2 million)
6. Ownership: DENSO Corporation 100%
7. Employees: 852 (as of February 2014)
8. Business description: Production of automotive semiconductor products
Profile of DENSO Manufacturing Kitakyushu Co., Ltd.
1. Company name: DENSO Manufacturing Kitakyushu Co., Ltd.
2. Location: Headquarters: 5-4-1 Honjo, Yahatanishi-ward, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka Prefecture
Hiroshima Plant: 2-5-1 Kamisenominami, Aki-ward, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture
3. President: Yoshitaka Asano
4. Establishment: August 2005
5. Capital: 6.01 billion yen (approximately US$58.4 million)
6. Ownership: DENSO Corporation 100%
7. Employees: 1,255 (as of February 2014)
8. Business description: Production of car automotive air conditioning system, diesel fuel injections systems, AT control units
Profile of DENSO East Japan Corporation
1. Company name: DENSO East Japan Corporation
2. Location: 26, Koyodai, Funahiki-machi, Tamura, Fukushima Prefecture
3. President: Tadafumi Okada
4. Establishment: April 2008
5. Capital: 1.6 billion yen (approximately US$15.5 million)
6. Ownership: DENSO Corporation:100%
7. Employees: 123 (as of February 2014)
8. Business description: Production of automotive air conditioning systems
*Exchange rate used is 102.86 yen to the US one dollar at the end of January 2014 for convenience only.
DENSO Corporation, headquartered in Kariya, Aichi prefecture, Japan, is a leading global automotive supplier of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. Its customers include all the world's major carmakers. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 36 countries and regions (including Japan) and employs more than 130,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013, totaled US$38.1 billion. Last fiscal year, DENSO spent 9.4 percent of its global consolidated sales on research and development. DENSO common stock is traded on the Tokyo and Nagoya stock exchanges. For more information, go to www.globaldenso.com
Currently, in North America, DENSO employs more than 17,000 people at 32 consolidated companies and affiliates. Of these, 28 are manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. In the U.S. alone, DENSO employs more than 11,000 people in California, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Iowa, Ohio, and Arkansas. DENSO’s North American consolidated sales totaling US$6.8 billion for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013.
Connect with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DENSOinNorthAmerica
# # #